UK Relationships/HUGE argument. Said something stupid to my best friend. HELP! :(

Question
Hey,

Where do I start? Right..
So myself and a college friend who I've known for 2 years we used to get on like a house on fire, we've gone to gigs, pubs, cinema, golf you name it. He's a bit younger than me, but we're both early 20s. We've had a lot of arguments in the past over stupid things, but we've had what I'd called 2 BIG arguments, (the make or break type.) and recently was our third and I think I've ruined our friendship which hasn't even reached full potential because of it.
I'll explain what happened, so recently we've been having a lot of arguments with regard to a joint college project and "who put in the most work", to cut a long story short it was the stress coupled with not being able to hang out and being at each other's throats... Now here's the worst part.

None of that is even the problem! The problem is he came over to my house the day before handup for what in his mind was "the talk" (about being friends) to which I wasn't really up for, but I agreed we wouldn't fight again. (EH EH.) wrong move.
Forward to a few days later, I told him I was doing the ALS ice bucket challenge in work and was going to nominate him, to which I got a feeble reply and ended up calling him out saying he was a chicken etc. (just for fun, not actually personal.) Here's where it all goes to shit!
He then TEXTS me his Dad has MS so he (in his words): "Doesn't need a fickle little dickhead calling him a pussy.) My heart breaks a bit inside to which I say I'm really sorry and didn't know etc. The next day I text him and say I'd like if we could chat on the phone and talk things over... (and boy should I have ended the text there.) I went on to say I felt he'd try to guilt trip me by telling me about his Dad (the WORST thing I could have said.) and hit the send button. Since then I wish I could turn back time because he has simply told me in any format of text: "Don't ring me. Don't text. I have no intention of being friends with someone who would say that. Leave me along." (He has basically sent variations of the same text each time I have apologised.

Now here's the thing, because we had handed up our projects previous to this I was all geared up to actually getting to have some fun with him and then this happens and he won't even speak to me. He said he would block my number if I rang or texted, to which I apologised profusely about what I had done... (and when I say apologise I mean.) I sent an email probably as long as this whole thing about how sorry I was, about how stupid I was, how I didn't mean it, how I thought we should still be friends, how it was bad timing, how I will do anything for us to be friends again and that I think our friendship is worth keeping. His replies are simple: "Stop texting me, It doesn't matter about your email what you said to me was beyond appalling, you went to far. Simple as that."
I want to make it up to him, I have even offered to donate to the MND charity but he won't even repond anymore and I do my best to try not to text him until like night time because i'm trying to give him time because each text comes back with: "please leave me alone."

Here's where I am at now and I want advice, because I will do ANYTHING to stay friends with my best mate who we haven't even done half the things we should have as friends.

My text was something like this: (main points)
"Hey I know, leave you alone, and this is the last text i'll send you, so i won't bother you for the rest of the week, and you won't hear from me because I know you want time and space, however I would like you to hear me out. I'd like to start making it up to you as of tonight. I know what I said was bad, even if it wasn't what I meant, so here's what i'm going to do. I'm going to start by making a donation to MND this weekend while you're away and then sent the reciept to your phone. I would like to meet in person after this week not over the phone to talk things through, regardless of the outcome. I would really appreciate another chance because I know if I stop caring we just won't be friends anymore. I would hope to get at least get an opportunity to try make up for what i've done instead of leaving things as they are. You won't get another text from me and i'll leave you alone. I expressed in that email my depressed state at this whole situation and would appreciate the chance to patch things up. I am so sorry about this whole mess." (END TEXT.)

I just don't know what to do, i'm planning on just leaving it til next Monday to write anything else, but I don't know do I look desperate? Is this helping not helping? I don't have many close friends and I literally want my best friend back and i'll do anything! :(
Can you help me out, I don't even know what to do or say any more.... Just feels like the end of the road in what should have been a far longer friendlier friendship.

Really hope you can give me some advice.

D

Answer
childish drama, never insult someone,u 2 seem to fall out alot so its best to move on,ur texting like u r doing,yes desperate and sound needy,he ask u to leave him alone cause u insulted him and he's moved on.face it and give him his space or u will cause him to really hate u,honestly/There is no point in feeling bad if someone doesn’t want to take the time to get to know you. It’s that person’s loss in the end.You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could've, would've happened... or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move  on.”It happens to everyone as they grow up. You find out who you are and what you want, and then you realize that people you've known forever don't see things the way you do. So you keep the wonderful memories, but find yourself moving on.”say [ Well, now
If little by little you stop loving me
I shall stop loving you
Little by little
If suddenly you forget me
Do not look for me
For I shall already have forgotten you

Letting go doesn't mean that you don't care about someone anymore. It's just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.”
Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.”Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.”Even though you may want to move forward in your life, you may have one foot on the brakes. In order to be free, we must learn how to let go. Release the hurt. Release the fear. Refuse to entertain your old pain. The energy it takes to hang onto the past is holding you back from a new life. What is it you would let go of today?”its called Rejection.you've gotta know when it's time to turn the page.”It is important that we forgive ourselves for making mistakes. We need to learn from our errors and move on.”

“Grudges are for those who insist that they are owed something; forgiveness, however, is for those who are substantial enough to move on.”  u insulted his character [You know what hurts so much? It's when someone made you feel special yesterday, but makes you feel like you're a nobody today.life is short,move on,there's a big world out there to enjoy while u is young so stop wasting it on drama,petty stuff,don't sweat the small things in life

UK Relationships

matthew