UK/Scottish/Welsh Law/Cell Phone Call Recorder Application.

Dear Bruce

1. Can a Consumer having a Android cell phone device or any other wireless device with a call recorder application installed is not supposed to record phone calls conversation without taking prior permission from the other party ?.

Are there any legal bindings ?.

i.e. The party can file a case in the court if he/she comes to know that unknowingly the calls are being recorded by the consumer.

2. What are the legal solutions for the Consumer who would like to record and playback every call he/she receives from other parties
with the call recorder application ?.

The consumer has to approach a Lawyer to create a Legal document and then signed by both the parties mutually agreeing and consenting. The content matter will read "Granting Permissions
for Call recordings and playback by both parties".

i.e. Written legal document and not verbally spoken and
agreed by both the parties is the solution.  

Awaiting your reply,

Thanks & Regards,
Prashant S Akerkar

Hi Prashant,

Bearing in mind that the correct, relevant legislation (as we are in Scotland) is the Regulation of Investigatory Powers (Scotland) Act 2000 ("RIP(S)A"), in short:

may also be helpful.

UK/Scottish/Welsh Law

Bruce Fyfe

Scottish Criminal Law - any area. NOT IMMIGRATION ISSUES. I am a retired, operational Police Officer with 30 years` service. As well as my own knowledge and training, I can draw on many other resources in the Scottish criminal justice system and welcome the challenge. NB Scottish, not English; criminal, not civil or immigration!

Please see information above.

Master of Arts degree; Police Basic and Advanced Police examinations.