UK/Scottish/Welsh Law/Vehicle lighting

Does condensation inside the headlight of a vehicle make its user open to the charge of driving a vehicle in an illegal or unsafe condition?

Hi John,

In my opinion, that would be a matter of opinion, but expert opinion, ie of an experienced Roads Policing Officer, potentially backed up by photographic evidence, showing fairly drastically diminished lighting capability of the light in question.

On a practical note, wait until after dark and then look at your vehicle, lights on, from a distance of approx. 25-50 yards. If the light looks, weak to you, it will so look to other road users and should be fixed sooner rather than later.

UK/Scottish/Welsh Law

Bruce Fyfe

Scottish Criminal Law - any area. NOT IMMIGRATION ISSUES. I am a retired, operational Police Officer with 30 years` service. As well as my own knowledge and training, I can draw on many other resources in the Scottish criminal justice system and welcome the challenge. NB Scottish, not English; criminal, not civil or immigration!

Please see information above.

Master of Arts degree; Police Basic and Advanced Police examinations.