Understanding Computers/PLEASE EXPLAIN

I was wondering would you please explain to me: what does it mean when you encode a DVD?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer is a easy was that I can understand)

Hello Cameron,
I guess that you mean the DVD contains music or movies?
if so, encoding is a way of compressing and decompressing the content of music or movie. there are different way of compression that we do not want to go in detail. Only you should know that they compress these data in order to save much more data with higher quality in a DVD. So when you have a DVD with encoded format, the DVD player should also support that format in order to show or play it. For computer, you can always install the encoder, i.e., an application that can decode these compressed data.
If you are interested to know more about that you can find some information here

If you have further question do not hesitate to ask.  

Understanding Computers

Hosnieh [Sara] Rafiee

The areas in which I can answer questions are as follows: 1 - Programming (C#.net, javascript, HTML) and Web Applications 2 - CSS 3 - Databases (MS SQL server - all versions) 4 - OS (workstation and servers (windows)) 5 - MS Office 6 - General problems with computer software

I have over 8 years of experience in the IT field. My core skills are: asp.net developer (portal, dynamic websites, e-commercial websites) visual studio.net 2003, 2005, 2008 (C#.net, AJAX.net) O.O programming (n-tier architecture) Database (SQL server 2000 - 2005, Oracle9i, MS Access), TSQL, stored procedures, triggers IIS5-6, SSL (installation and configuration SSL), network (TCP/IP, active directory, DHCP, ... ), windows 2000 - 2003 server configuration and administration UML (usecase diagram, class diagram), Microsoft Project Graphics Design (Photoshop, Flash) JavaScript, CSS, DHTML, XML Hardware (physical installation, configuration, and driver installation) MS Office, all versions (MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS FrontPage, etc.) OS (Windows and Linux) and VMware Network Monitoring (Solarwinds) Teaching computer courses and teaching English MATLAB (simulation and computation projects)

I have a masters degree in IT Computer Networks Engineering. I am currently pursuing my PHD in Internet Systems and Technologies.