Understanding Computers/SAVE ME

Question
I was wondering would you please tell me: is if safe to use your computer during a storm where there is no lighting?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer is a easy way that I can understand)
Thanks

Answer
Hello Cameron:
Thanks for asking this questions.
I strongly recommend to turn off the computer to minimize the risk of getting electric surge.  A lightning strike nearby would permanently destroy your computer as well as possibly give you electric shock.  Even though you are saying there is no lighting during a storm, it is very common place that lighting can come shortly with storm.  Unless you are really working on the urgent task, I recommend you to finish and turn off as soon as possible.
Thanks.  

Understanding Computers

dan