Understanding Computers/computers

Question
I heard that soon computers will be obsolete? What will replace the computer?

Answer
Hi howard:
Thanks for asking this question.  
The question you raised is very thoughtful and futuristic.   Computer will still be used, but not like the way currently used.  Nowadays, to run the computer you need a lot of application software such as calculation, tax report, simulation, graphic so on.  You need to purchase those software into your PC and run them for your application.  Version will be upgraded and you will need to upgraded to software and maybe pc too.  These trend will soon start phasing out and new way of computing will come and partially has already come.  

It is called Cloud Computing.  

You will still need computer, but you will access to the website to run a lot of applications with probably paying some fee per month.  Computing will be like Public Utility, just like electricity.  Please pay attention to the word 'Cloud Computing'.
Thanks.  

Understanding Computers

dan