Understanding Computers/understanding computers

Question
What books should I read to understand computers,I would also like to know what books to read that will explain how to repair computers as well.

Thank you very much

Answer
Hi Howard,
Thanks for asking this question.

First, you need to look for the book that describes the Architecture of Computer such as Operation System (OS), I-O system, Memory system, and Interface that allows to enter input or your typing.  

Then, there are a lot of application software such as maintaining Database (e.g. Microsoft Access, or Oracle), spread sheet and wordprocessing.

Also, read a book about Computer network and Data Communication which will give detailed information about networking (Wifi, Wired).

Please remember that data is nowadays defined not just numbers or text or characters, but graphics and audio and video.  

You can find these book at local Library or bookstore.

Good luck for your knowledge expansion.  

Understanding Computers

dan