Understanding Computers/Excel File recover

I have a Windows 7 instalation and Excel 2010. I was keeping on my desktop a small (one page) Excel file with a few information (just words, no calculations), that I used for my daily work.
Suddendly, I just lost that file without any trace. From one day to the next it just disapeared and there are no signs at all about it. I certainly did something wrong and lost it.
Do you know of any program that I can use to recover that deleted file? I already tried to discover the file in other parts of my computer without success. I also used some known recover programs, but no way. That file really disappeared. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Hello Joaquim,
Thanks for asking this questiona and I feel sorry about your case of lost file.

Let's try this.  Do you know the file name, at least the portion of full name?
First, you need to search the file and identify where it is.
Please click start icon in the lower bottom left corner.  Then, enter portion of your file name into SEARCH box, and I hope the SEARCH will find it.  If this doesn't find the file, then I think you really lost, or the file is gone.

Try this, and I really hope you will find it.

Understanding Computers

I can answer questions regarding general computers, data base, software, system design, Mainframe, SAP system, and word processing packages and programming.
I am also an avid golfer, and welcome to Simple Golf Swing and Secrets!
iPAD Video Lesson is available now for great training. Please check this site. iPAD Video Lesson Site!

Natural Vision Care, Eye Exercise!

Have a great day!

I have been working in Computer Information Systems area for past 20 years. My expertise includes programming, system design, data base design, and end user computing and ERP/SAP implementation. Currently I am actively involved in SAP System Design and Implementation.
...SAP Training Place!

...Ultimate SAP Training System - Computer Based Training!
...my Learn SAP - Knowledge is Power for IT Pros!
...SAP Book review from Amazon!

...Learn how to earn income online via Affiliate Internet Marketing (AIM), Check below!
=>Click this!
=>Click this for fun AIM!

To Learn SAP:
How to grasp High Level and Fundamental Understandings of SAP system?

SAP Training Place!
VLOOKUP is a simple and powerful tool in EXCEL.
How to merge Excel files using VLOOKUP?
Make an International Phone Call
my Learn SAP - Knowledge is Power for IT Pros!
my Learn Golf - Simple and Straight!

I have completed Master degree in Computer Information Systems.

TOSHIBA PC - Smart Choice!