Understanding Computers/deasktop

I have windows Vista and microsoft works. How can I put blank word prosscesor document on my desk top?
         Thanks Bob

Sorry for the delay.

Open Microsoft Works and create a blank document. Name the file blank which will create a blank.wks file. Save it in a directory that you are familiar with.

Go to the directory that you saved that file in and find the file. Right click on it and select send to and it will give you a list of options. Select desktop. You will now have blank.wks on your desktop.

You can open it at will by double clicking it. When you have used it, don't save it as blank but save it under another name or into another directory. This way the blank file will remain available.

You can also right click on you Works icon and put it on the desktop the same way and then simply access works from the desktop.

Understanding Computers

David Freitag

I can answer questions about all kinds of computers, operating systems, software and hardware in clear and easily understandable language. I have dealt with sorts of software and hardware issues in PCs from before windows to the present. I can explain basic concepts and deal with complex detailed issues in the guts of operating systems, including drivers, bios, hardware issues and software problems.

I have over 3 decades of experience ranging from mainframes and minis and microcomputers to all flavors of personal computers. I have programmed in assembler language, Fortran, C, VB, C# and I have worked with the major relational databases. I have been a CIO of an energy company and I have provided hands on technical management for Windows software development. In the course of my career, I have had to deal with all sorts of configurations and nitty gritty system problems which exposed me to all aspects of personal computer systems.

I am an expert author in Ezinearticles and have had articles published in Buzzle, IdeaMarketer, ArticleCube and other article sites.

I have a BS in Physics from CCNY. I have received credits from courses dealing with OLE automation and computer systems management from the AMA

Phi Beta Kappa Achievement awards for software development efforts in a leading Voip provider company.