Understanding Computers/CD/DVD

Question
I have some slide show and video clips stored on my Windows XP  computer and am having difficulty burning them to CD or DVD format.  I am not sure what the problem is.  It has been a while since I last tried successfully to do this and the problem might be with my aging computer software.  The other possibility is that I am using the wrong kind of disc.  ( The pictures are in the Microsoft Photo story format which is essentially a slide show.)  Should I use CD-R, CD-RW, DVD-R, DVD-RW, or some other format?  Any help would be most gratefully appreceated.

Answer
Hello John:
Thanks for asking this question.

Since you are dealing both slide and video clips, I recommend DVD-R which will be working better with XP.
If you still have a problem, you may want to store slide show into CD-R and Video into Video-R.  CD-RW (or DVD-RW), as you may know, they are re-writable, in other other word, the data in the CD can be rewritten.
CD-RW disc (or DVD-RW disc) is used when the data in the disc is more often changed over the time.

Please see the site below for more details, and hope this helps you.

http://www.techrepublic.com/article/all-about-cd-r-and-cd-rw/

Thanks.  

Understanding Computers

dan