Understanding Computers/BRAND NEW

I was wondering would you please explain to me: after we do a software update and the software date finds a operating system update, why does it need to restart after that update?

(P.S would you please try to give your answer in a easy way that I can understand)

Hello Cameron:
Thanks for asking this question.

Depending on the situation, rebooting may not be required. In general, the need to restart the computer is because Windows stores all its program information in a Registry.  This Registry need to have changes when you install, update, or remove a program from the machine. Windows can't finalize changes to the registry while it is still in use, and it is in use the entire time that your computer is running.

It needs to restart the computer so it can update the registry which affect the performance and speed of PC. I hope this help you have a better understand.

Understanding Computers

I can answer questions regarding general computers, data base, software, system design, Mainframe, SAP system, and word processing packages and programming.
I am also an avid golfer, and welcome to Simple Golf Swing and Secrets!
iPAD Video Lesson is available now for great training. Please check this site. iPAD Video Lesson Site!

Natural Vision Care, Eye Exercise!

Have a great day!

I have been working in Computer Information Systems area for past 20 years. My expertise includes programming, system design, data base design, and end user computing and ERP/SAP implementation. Currently I am actively involved in SAP System Design and Implementation.
...SAP Training Place!

...Ultimate SAP Training System - Computer Based Training!
...my Learn SAP - Knowledge is Power for IT Pros!
...SAP Book review from Amazon!

...Learn how to earn income online via Affiliate Internet Marketing (AIM), Check below!
=>Click this!
=>Click this for fun AIM!

To Learn SAP:
How to grasp High Level and Fundamental Understandings of SAP system?

SAP Training Place!
VLOOKUP is a simple and powerful tool in EXCEL.
How to merge Excel files using VLOOKUP?
Make an International Phone Call
my Learn SAP - Knowledge is Power for IT Pros!
my Learn Golf - Simple and Straight!

I have completed Master degree in Computer Information Systems.

TOSHIBA PC - Smart Choice!