Understanding Computers/Upload of photos

I recently uploaded some photos from a memory card. When I went back a couple of days latter to view them, I could not find the file in "My Pictures". I found the folder in "Recent Places", but the folder is empty. I get a "Problem with Shortcut" message.

If I connect the memory card and click on the empty folder, I get a "Location is unavailable",with a message.~~~E:\DCIM\100CANON\22-05-2014

I formatted the memory card after uploading.

Can I retrieve my photos some how or are they lost forever?

Hello Ray:
Thanks for asking question.

I think the picture may have been uploaded into another or unknown folder.  Since you have already formatted the memory card, all files in the memory card may have been deleted.

Please go to Start icon on the bottom left corner, and type in the file name in the SEARCH option.  This SEARCH will look for the file name in the entire locations/folders in the system. I hope you remember file name or some portion of file name at least.

I hope this helps.

Understanding Computers

I can answer questions regarding general computers, data base, software, system design, Mainframe, SAP system, and word processing packages and programming.
I am also an avid golfer, and welcome to Simple Golf Swing and Secrets!
iPAD Video Lesson is available now for great training. Please check this site. iPAD Video Lesson Site!

Natural Vision Care, Eye Exercise!

Have a great day!

I have been working in Computer Information Systems area for past 20 years. My expertise includes programming, system design, data base design, and end user computing and ERP/SAP implementation. Currently I am actively involved in SAP System Design and Implementation.
...SAP Training Place!

...Ultimate SAP Training System - Computer Based Training!
...my Learn SAP - Knowledge is Power for IT Pros!
...SAP Book review from Amazon!

...Learn how to earn income online via Affiliate Internet Marketing (AIM), Check below!
=>Click this!
=>Click this for fun AIM!

To Learn SAP:
How to grasp High Level and Fundamental Understandings of SAP system?

SAP Training Place!
VLOOKUP is a simple and powerful tool in EXCEL.
How to merge Excel files using VLOOKUP?
Make an International Phone Call
my Learn SAP - Knowledge is Power for IT Pros!
my Learn Golf - Simple and Straight!

I have completed Master degree in Computer Information Systems.

TOSHIBA PC - Smart Choice!