Understanding Computers/Consoles

Question
My question isn't so much to do with databases as video game consoles. I wanted to ask about what gives a computer its processing power and ability to run more complicated data and graphics? I know as far as storage one can always externally plug in more storage but as far as processing must all that stuff be centralized or can processing power be upgraded with a clip on add on like storage? I ask because I have a Nintendo WiiU and Nintendo has fallen behind on processing speed and graphics to the other two. They only have to their credit a relatively inexpensive machine and family friendly and  familar games that have been around since they started that the other two would kill for. I was wondering why they didn't make a cheap console that for more advanced  gamers could be upgraded at more cost to handle more demanding games? That way they have the best of everything. Thoughts?

Answer
Hello James:
Thanks for asking this question.

You are correct in that the power and speed of computer depend on CPU, central processing unit.  The main memory (high speed memory) and speed of chip, and architecture (such as 64 bit processing) will definitely determine the speed of computer.  As you see, the better chip/cpu will be more expensive.  As you also upgrade the high speed memory, computer will get more processing power.
I hope this helps you further more.

Thanks.

Understanding Computers

dan