Understanding Computers/Computers +

Question
Dan,

Thank you very much for taking my question.  I'll be brief I'm certain you are busy.  I have to questions.

I am your average computer guy.  Is there a course to firm up gaps and make the everyday user a bit more savy?  Not looking for certification, just knowledge at a "dummies" pace if you will.

Secondly, this may or may not be in your heel house but I'll throw it at you.  I'd like to start recording basketball games from my tv to flash drives.  I was wondering what size I would need to ensure quality and capturing length.

Thank you very very much,

Chris

Answer
Hello Chris,
Thanks for asking this question.
First, I think you need to narrow down the areas of computer (computing) where you want to learn more and increase your level of knowledge.  I will try to list some example areas.
1. Operating System (e.g. Window 7 or 8).  I think you can find a book or materials with more insight topics.
2. MS Office (Word, Excel, Access).  You can find deeper and advanced topics in this software.  Especially, Access is database system and you can learn a lot for this.
3. Programming.  This is quite a broad area, and you need to know what kind of language you need to learn.  It could be C+ or HTML, or some other 4GL language.
4. Advanced Internet.  
I found out that there are a lot of training videos in youtube, so try youtube. You will be surprised about the free materials available.

Regarding your second question, I really can not give you guidance.  So, Please search at library or google or utube, also.

Good look for your endeavor.  
Thanks.

Understanding Computers

dan