Understanding Computers/MAKING IT PERFIC

Question
(This is not a spam question or a homework question)
I was wondering would you please explain to me in a simple way that I can understand: wot is beta software?

Thanks

Answer
Beta = testing.
That simple.

When someone does a release in beta, they want to get real word input and see what bugs need fixed before they release to the public and the product fails because of bugs.

Its great if you are willing to take the risk of the software messing up your computer because you get the software normally for free.
Its great for gamers because you get to play it and help make it, yes they will do changes before release based on feedback, and beta testing is free.  I have done beta testing in gaming before and had a blast.  Software I refuse to do it because of the risk of crashing my computer and have to re-install and lose everything.  But I know people that do it and save tons of money.
When you do beta you are normally required to give feedback.
There is close beta and open beta.  Close means you have to apply and open means anyone can join.

Hope I answered your question.

Understanding Computers

John