Unix/Linux OS/Unix Command

Question
QUESTION: what is the UNIX command to create a virtual machine?
I tried this command in powercli.I want to know the UNIX command for this action.

ANSWER: Hi Ramya.

Firstly, you have to install a software for virtualization. On Linux you have a choice of:

- VirtualBox
- VMware
- Xen

Then you can create a  VM using the commands supported by that particular software. Also, bear in mind that most of these have a GUI, so you can do it in a more user-friendly way.

You probably already have a virtualization software, so find out which one is installed and use it.

Nix.

QUESTION: Can these virtualization software be installed on unix? Or this can be installed in linux only.

Answer
Hi Ramya.

Well, you didn't say which UNIX flavor it is.

I know that VirtualBox exists on Solaris, as well. For others, you'll have to find out what kind of virtualization actually exists. Solaris has Solaris Zones. HP-UX has its own virtualization. BSD might have Xen.

So, research.

Nix.

Unix/Linux OS

nix