Unix/Linux OS/using PCL with UNIX or LINUX and using form2pdf

Question
hello

I would like to generate under unix (and later under Linux) a file containing sequences PCL to be able to use the same file for a sending towards a printer laser or a transformation into pdf by the software form2pdf.

I do not know how to use PCL.
Somebody would know how to give me a concrete and simple example of file such as it appears if we look at it by "vi" in unix, which would contain sequences allowing to use particular polices (fat, italic characters etc...).

Thank you in advance

Answer
Hi Nathalie.

PCL is, for all intents and purposes, a binary file. I know it looks like ASCII, but it has some non-ASCII characters in it. There are some samples, for instancePCL tools.

I would advise you to actually configure a printer on Linux (or Windows) and print to a file. Most applications can do that. On Linux it really prints to a file, internally.

Do not mess with those files using "vi", those are not ASCII files!

Nix.

Unix/Linux OS

nix