Unix/Linux OS/Knoppix

Please keep in mind I have no experience with any Linux os.
I just completed burning a knoppix live cd. After booting I tried to set up a dialup connection with my usb hard modem. (dialup is all that is available here).  I was unable to because it is not recognizing any usb devices.  When I am in the BIOS I can see the Kingston data traveler and my usb printer but when knoppix boots up no usb devices appear in the knoppix equivalent of 'device manager'
I have the CD (32 bit) version 7.2.0.

Hi William,

Unfortunately, I've not had any experience with Knoppix. Though, most Linux distros are similar and core components coming from the same source.

My guess is that your not getting the correct drivers loaded in Knoppix and therefore not able to see the USB devices.

Sorry I don't hav a better answer for you.

Unix/Linux OS

Mike Mazzolini

System administration related issues for unix/linux platforms. (Ubuntu, RH, CentOs, Fedora, Darwin, Solaris and more) Shell scripting, programming and administration. Security and firewall - iptable and UFW IT automation expert - techniques and technologies.

I was a systems administrator for nearly a decade on the following unix systems: NeXTStep, Linux (all flavors), Sun Solaris and more. I have been a programmer in unix environments for the last 12 years. I am co-founder of XonaSoftware

BS in Electronic Engineering CS classes at Depaul University Certificates in: Java, NeXTStep Administration, Web Logic, XP, Spring and many more.