Upper Cervical Chiropractic/neck problems causing nausea

Hi, I have chronic neck issues that originated from a whiplash many years ago...as well I have forward head posture and my neck vertebrae has straightened.  MRI some years ago showed mild ruptures and the C1 and C2 tend to be an issue issue as well.  Had chiro.adjustments for years.  I have developed extreme sensitivities to things including regular adjustments.  I've had a recent flare...neck is aching, weak, and I feel sick all over and having on and off nausea...the nausea is not normal for me.  Is it common to have nausea with neck pain.  Should I get further testing? My chiro. is wanting to try myofascial release therapy.

Thank you for your question.  I would definitely look for an Upper Cervical Chiropractor some that has advanced training the the cervical spine.  I have had many cases that have been down the same path you have.  Check out this web page there are many testimonials of patients talking about having been through general chiropractic with no result.  http://www.uppercervicalhealthcentersboise.com/testimonials.html

The bottom line is I would look into further testing with an Upper Cervical Chiropractor if you are not getting results. This website should be a good start in that direction. www.uppercervicalcare.com

Kind regards,

Dr. Grayson Blom, B.Sc., D.C., U.C.A.
Upper Cervical Chiropractic Specialist
5975 Overland Rd.
Boise, Idaho 83709

Visit us online at:

Upper Cervical Chiropractic

Grayson Blom

My area of expertise is the detection and correction of subluxation. A subluxation is the misalignment of a bone to the extent that it puts abnormal pressure on and interferes with the communication between the brain and the rest of the body. Putting pressure on nerves and interfering with those mental impulses going from the brain to the rest of the body. Brain to body communication is essential to maintain health! According to Grayís Anatomy the purpose of the nervous system is to control and coordinate all the cell, tissues, organs, and systemís in the body and to adapt that personís body to the environment around them. So if the purpose of the nervous system is to control and coordinate everything in the body then it would make sense that we would want to take care of this system. Therefore interference to the nervous system or lack of communication between the brain and the body would then be the most common cause of health problems in the world today.

Trained and certified in the Upper Cervical Procedure through the KCUCS, Blair Upper Cervical Society, and in the Othrospinology procedure. Post graduate Upper Cervical diplomate through in the Upper Cervical Procedure through Sherman College.

KCUCS - Knee Chest Upper Cervical Specific, IUCI - International Upper Cervical Institute, Blair Upper Cervical Chiropractic Society, ICA Ė International Chiropractic Association, Palmer College of Chiropractic Alumni.

Feb 2008 Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport IA Degree: Doctor of Chiropractic May 2004 Boise State University, Boise ID Degree: Bachelor of Science Major: Biology Microbiological emphasis Minor: Chemistry, and Music Theory