Upper Cervical Chiropractic/ears and balance alignment

I am a 61 year old man who has problems with my neck muscles
It feels as though my neck muscles are actually closing my ear canals and causing ringing and electrical buzzing as well as affecting my gait,I have also experienced the muscles pulling on the cartilage of my ear and also affecting my jaw
When walking i get a quick buzzing dizzy unbalanced sensation and my ears fill up or block my neck muscles tighten so bad that my neck feels like it has an iron rod inserted up the spine into occipital area ,it makes me stop in my track and realign or adjust my balance, i have no lung problems
I also notice when i rub near my sterna cleidamastoids i get really dizzy and feel like  i am swaying, Lately i have a very sore left small toe at tarsal area and i cling with my toes to the ground to keep my balance.my ears do seem to have a lot to do with it,its like air not moving properly through canal
Hope i can get some answers from you mate as i am at wits end
Regards Cardy

Thank you for your question.  

I would start by reading this blog post:  

This should help you understand the symptoms you have. You likely have a neck problem that is affecting your cranial nerves the jaw is cranial nerve 5. Vertigo, buzzing, tinnitus, hearing loss etc is cranial nerve 8.  The sternocleidomastoid (SCM) is cranial nerve 11.  All of these nerve come off the brain stem and an upper neck injury that has torn loose the connective tissues holding your spine together can result over time in these types of symptoms.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Warmest regards,

Dr. Blom  

Upper Cervical Chiropractic

Grayson Blom

My area of expertise is the detection and correction of subluxation. A subluxation is the misalignment of a bone to the extent that it puts abnormal pressure on and interferes with the communication between the brain and the rest of the body. Putting pressure on nerves and interfering with those mental impulses going from the brain to the rest of the body. Brain to body communication is essential to maintain health! According to Grayís Anatomy the purpose of the nervous system is to control and coordinate all the cell, tissues, organs, and systemís in the body and to adapt that personís body to the environment around them. So if the purpose of the nervous system is to control and coordinate everything in the body then it would make sense that we would want to take care of this system. Therefore interference to the nervous system or lack of communication between the brain and the body would then be the most common cause of health problems in the world today.

Trained and certified in the Upper Cervical Procedure through the KCUCS, Blair Upper Cervical Society, and in the Othrospinology procedure. Post graduate Upper Cervical diplomate through in the Upper Cervical Procedure through Sherman College.

KCUCS - Knee Chest Upper Cervical Specific, IUCI - International Upper Cervical Institute, Blair Upper Cervical Chiropractic Society, ICA Ė International Chiropractic Association, Palmer College of Chiropractic Alumni.

Feb 2008 Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport IA Degree: Doctor of Chiropractic May 2004 Boise State University, Boise ID Degree: Bachelor of Science Major: Biology Microbiological emphasis Minor: Chemistry, and Music Theory