Upper Cervical Chiropractic/back/chest pain

hi, thank you for your time,  i had surgery when i was 34 now 55, i had t5-l1 fused and rods on both sides of spine, still there . this was for a right idiopathic thoracic curve.

i do have backackes, headackes shoulder ackes and my right collar bone gets inflamed now and than
concern is the chest pain and all day ack,

heart has been checked says its good so is this dull chest acke coming from my back /spine surgery.
sometimes my back hurts with the dull chest ack sometimes just feels like my chest can't tell.
whats your thoughts thank you again. Barbara

Thank you for your question.  

The big question here is what happened at age 34 that required you to have rods placed into your thoracic spine?  A right idiopathic thoracic curve as the term implies, idiopathic means unknown but really spinal curves don't shift left or right without some sort of CAUSE.  I would very strongly suspect you have had some sort of injury and if you are like the average person it would have been as a teenager.  

Most spinal fusion surgeries will fuse the spine as is NOT taking into account normal spinal biomechanics.   

The continued headaches, shoulder ache, and back ache are all common symptoms due to an unbalanced spine that unfortunately is now fused.  Also keep in mind that the spinal joints above and below the spinal fusion will deteriorate at an accelerated rate.  The fusion begins at about t5 as you mentioned, degeneration in this area would very likely cause referral pain to the chest.

Hope this helps,

Dr. Blom  

Upper Cervical Chiropractic

Grayson Blom

My area of expertise is the detection and correction of subluxation. A subluxation is the misalignment of a bone to the extent that it puts abnormal pressure on and interferes with the communication between the brain and the rest of the body. Putting pressure on nerves and interfering with those mental impulses going from the brain to the rest of the body. Brain to body communication is essential to maintain health! According to Grayís Anatomy the purpose of the nervous system is to control and coordinate all the cell, tissues, organs, and systemís in the body and to adapt that personís body to the environment around them. So if the purpose of the nervous system is to control and coordinate everything in the body then it would make sense that we would want to take care of this system. Therefore interference to the nervous system or lack of communication between the brain and the body would then be the most common cause of health problems in the world today.

Trained and certified in the Upper Cervical Procedure through the KCUCS, Blair Upper Cervical Society, and in the Othrospinology procedure. Post graduate Upper Cervical diplomate through in the Upper Cervical Procedure through Sherman College.

KCUCS - Knee Chest Upper Cervical Specific, IUCI - International Upper Cervical Institute, Blair Upper Cervical Chiropractic Society, ICA Ė International Chiropractic Association, Palmer College of Chiropractic Alumni.

Feb 2008 Palmer College of Chiropractic, Davenport IA Degree: Doctor of Chiropractic May 2004 Boise State University, Boise ID Degree: Bachelor of Science Major: Biology Microbiological emphasis Minor: Chemistry, and Music Theory