Urology/Reoocuring Hydrocele

becker wrote at 2009-08-04 02:33:45
My son is 5 and has had the same hydrocele removed twice now and it has reoccured virtually instantly... he has lived with a scrotum the size of a almost the size of a tennis ball. We were told it was an over active gland secreting lots of extra fluid. But I believe the dr. missed something.. we'll be back again for surgery #3... poor kid

cyfred wrote at 2011-03-02 21:05:36
Aparently it can reoccur in on the same side, in the same place. Mine just did and the Dr. said there was a 5% chance this would happen.

JJ wrote at 2014-04-18 21:45:38
Although this is an older question, I wanted to add to it.  Hydrocele's can most certainly recur in rare cases.  The fluid will find another sac, or multiple sacs to fill even though you had one or two removed in the past.  I'm on my now, third.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD