Urology/large prostrate/difficulty urinating at night.

Tzviabraham wrote at 2008-10-28 07:41:36
You have not answered the question. The only explanation you gave is that "the bladded can become more full," but I suffer from this problem even when I happen to get up at night and feel only a slight need to urinate. And it seems that lying prone does not enlarge the prostrate, since the causes you listed involve sitting upright. Moreover, if the problem were from a distended bladder, it would arise whenever a person with this problem had a strong need to urinate. I am not aware of that and, it seems the person who asked the question makes no mention of it.

Harry wrote at 2014-05-08 23:30:29
I believe the difficulty may be associated with waking from a dream,  with a partial erection. This could explains the prostatic swelling, and thus the difficulty.

Arthur Goldstein, M.D.

Problems or questions related to the field of urology; ie urinary stone disease, urinary cancers (kidney, bladder, prostate, testis, etc.), urinary infections, etc. I no longer answer questions related to erection problems or male sexual dysfunction.

I am retired from the active practice of urology. My 34 years was totally in the clinical field and involved the entire gamut of genitourinary problems, with special interest in endourology.

American Medical Association, American Urological Association, American College of Surgeons

College degree - BS Medical degree - MD Master of Science - MS