Urology/severely over-stretched bladder

Ray Klingensmith wrote at 2014-07-31 13:01:53
Two drops of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide in each glass of water he drinks will cause the bladder to shrink to normal size (personal experience). The action is rather quick as it only takes a few days, but it must be continued as the absence of the H2O2 will allow the bladder to revert to its stretched condition. The last glass of water before bedtime I use one drop instead of two as it can cause mild stimulation.

RayKli wrote at 2014-08-26 10:57:41
A mild solution of food grade hydrogen peroxide in pure drinking water will cause the bladder to shrink back to normal size. Since it works only on the area of the bladder where the urine rests, the position of the body must be altered to achieve shrinkage on all sides (upright effects the bottom, lying down the sides and an inversion table is required to get the top). Food grade hydrogen peroxide comes in two strengths; 35% and 17 1/2%. The following doses are for the stronger 35% and must be doubled if using the weaker 17 1/2% in order to achieve the same strength. Initial shrinkage dose is about 10 drops in 16 onces of water taken twice a day. I have taken as much as 15 drops with no ill effect, but 10 drops will usually suffice. Initial shrinkage is somewhat abrupt and  a little sharp pain will be felt for a few seconds or minutes as the bladder shrinks. To maintain the bladder, a daily dosage of 2 to 4 drops in 16 ounces of water twice a day will be required.

Ray Klingensmith wrote at 2015-01-07 10:30:33
Six years ago I was in the same condition as your father. I found relief through taking extremely small doses of 33% food grade hydrogen peroxide diluted in water, which caused the bladder to shrink. Dose should never exceed 3 drops H2O2 in 16 ounces of filtered or bottled water. I took this twice a day, morning and evening and drank at least a total of 80 ounces of water total for the day. After shrinkage is evident, the dose can be reduced to a maintenance level of 1 drop in the morning glass and 1 or two drops in the evening glass of water. The effects are not permanent and the maintenance dose must be continued or the bladder will return to its stretched condition. In searching the internet you will find sources that advise stronger doses, but I would highly discourage you from using these, as hydrogen peroxide can have detrimental effects, like possible kidney damage or the possibility of contracting bladder cancer. While taking this, it still may be necessary to have a catheter for complete voiding. I used the indwelling or Foley periodically. My urologist suggested the superpubic, but I declined due to the permanent hole in my body it would create, and the possibility of infection was about the same as my indwelling catheter. To get even shrinkage of the bladder, top to bottom, I assume a horizontal position 30 minutes after taking the stronger, evening dose, rolling onto each side for several minutes and also onto the stomach. I follow up with a kneeling, bowing position with my head touching the floor while on my knees. Without these, the bottom of the bladder will shrink but leave the top portions stretched. Only the portions of the bladder coming into direct contact with the urine with H2O2 will shrink properly.  

swleslie wrote at 2015-01-23 20:31:29
This remedy sounds great except there is no logical way it could possibly work, no scientific rationale is provided and it is, at best, unproven.  While it may appear to work in a single, isolate case, unless there is better proof and evidence, it must be considered highly questionable.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute