Urology/Intense Pain in Prostrate Region after Bowel Movement or Ejaculation

Chad wrote at 2012-12-27 06:05:30
I am the original poster of this question and thought I'd post an update.  I've been seeing a urologist about this for more than a year now and he simply has no idea what is causing this pain.  

Although a physical exam and a battery of tests confirmed the presence of kidney stones, this was not seen as either the cause or symptom of the pain.  What causes me concern is the severity of the pain, Which is equal in pain to breaking one's collarbone. Its Illogical to me that it's just not possible for a pain to this level to be something that is not significant, so I'm even more in fear of the unknown than before.

Chad from Beaverton, Oregon

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute