Urology/Urinating up to 100x per day. Need help Please!

Michelle wrote at 2009-03-20 10:53:53
I have the same problem. I've always urinated a lot and then suddenly last year, it became such a big problem it was affecting my daily life. I can't take a long bus ride because I'll have to get off. I'm urinating all the time. I'll urinate every 10 min if I drink anything, sometime I urinate a lot sometimes I don't. I do manage to urinate every time. The urge is so uncomfortable, I can't help but keep thinking about it until I go to relieve myself and then I'm thinking about it right after. I do have slight OCD and have some anxieties. I went to a urologist, gave me sample Detrol LA pills and they didn't help, just made me constipated. He referred me to get biofeedback treatment, it's a 6 week course where a doctor helps me to strengthen my pelvis muscles. It's been 6 months since then and it hasn't helped. I still do pelvis exercises (kegel exercises) everyday but it doesn't help much. I take cranberry pills, doesn't help much either. I don't want to take a pill everyday for the rest of my life, I just want it to stop somehow but I don't know how. I'm considering going to see a Cognitive Behavioral Therapist, but I don't know how much help it will be. I don't know if it's all in my mind because the physical feeling is just so tremendous when I have to urinate. All I think about now is urinating sometimes, I have to make sure when I go somewhere that there is a bathroom. I can't stand it anymore.

gigi wrote at 2009-11-14 14:59:08
wow 100 times! I'm having a hard time going as often as I have been going. I have been urinating more frequent this past week, but yesterday I urinated at least 30 times! with no additional fluid intake!!..And this morning I have been up for an hour and have gone 4 times already! I have NO pain/burning when I urinate. And its a lot of urine each time! I have been getting abdominal cramping for over a month and severe pain in my lower left abdomen before bowel/gas movements. I went to my NEW doctor yesterday and he found blood in my urine and I had fever. My previous doctor assumes everything I tell her is stress related without doing any examinations first. Anyway, I'm waiting for my blood tests to come back and I'm just curious what this could be. My doctor prescribed ciproflaxin for infection, but I'm still feeling feverish.

MICHELLE wrote at 2011-02-20 01:38:06
HI, I HAVE TO GO TO THE TOILET MAYBE 70XS A DAY, IT IS EXHAUSTING, IT'S NOT A LIFE. I CAN'T EVEN TRAVEL ON A BUS. I'M ON VESICARE TABLETS AND THERE NOT OBVIOUSLY WORKING, BUT ONE THING FOR SURE IS, IF I DON'T TAKE THE TABLETS I WILL PEE 70 TIMES MORE. I HAVE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT AT URO DYNAMICS. GOOD LUCK, MICHELLE.

ted wrote at 2012-03-06 02:23:35
Two points-

Have you measured your 24 hour urinary volume? You mention urinating repeatedly, and there always being volume there, and the fact you urinated at the ER just after being cath'ed.

Fundamentally in a situation like this there are two possibilities- one is a marked increase in urine volume leading to frequency, the other a normal urinary volume and bladder over-reactivity.

The sudden onset of painless, marked polyuria is quite suspicious for diabetes insipidus, which can not be 'found' by ordinary testing. Patients with diabetes insipidus are typically quite thirsty; indeed, their main complaint is most often of thirst, not frequency.

If urine volume is normal then testing of bladder function with cystometrics is indicated. A urethral dilatation is rarely useful.

taylor wrote at 2012-07-23 19:55:42
hey i am having the same thing you are having exactly can you please contact me at angel38322000@yahoo.com

Alexia wrote at 2012-08-21 23:16:17
I am also having the same problem. Any tips on what I should do? I have done several urine tests and the doctor says there seems to be no problem. I have also done a bladder ultra sound to see if I was emptying. The results showed I was, yet I went to the bathroom multiple times after. How did you recover from this problem. I really would like to know. It would be so much help.  

Shan wrote at 2013-11-27 01:23:23
i have this EXACT same problem. Literally every single detail you described. I pee over 100 times a day, have considered quitting my job because I can't be away from the toilet for longer than 15 minutes.  I also strain before I go, and like you said, could go, flush the toilet, turn the light off, and then flip the switch back on because I already have to go again.  And I am 20 and have no idea why I have this problem.  I've been to free clinics (because I don't have insurance) and they can't do anything for me.  I have however, found some relief from oxytrol.  The only over-the-counter product for overactive bladder, assuming that's what it is.  It would take the amount of times I went to the bathroom from 100 to maybe 70 times a day.  I know it is still a ridiculous amount, but I did notice something. Hope this helps!  

diane wrote at 2014-04-20 16:45:14
I have this same horrible condition.  I have been diagnosed with all things mentioned and have had every procedure and taken many many pills..nothings works.  I have been to 5 doctors, 4 urologists and one gyno urologist.  Mine seemed to start around perimenoapause and and 20 times a day to now 7 years later I average 70 times.  Don't know where to turn..my life is hell. If this site is still active I pray someone responds. I am also active, exercise and stay fit. Diane

Urology

Arthur Goldstein, M.D.