Urology/syptoms of bladder infection but no infection

T. Goodwin R.N. wrote at 2010-06-28 18:03:59
Also too Wellbutrin is known to cause Micturition Urgency – A sudden desire to urinate usually followed by leakage.

Pollakiuria – Urinating much more frequently than normal – as often as once every five to fifteen minutes.

Urinary Hesitation – Hard to start or hard to continue emptying one’s bladder.

Urinary Incontinence – Urinating without intending to do so because of a weakening of the muscles in the hip area from the drug affecting the nerves or the drug blocking a persons thinking process.

Urinary Retention – The inability to completely empty the bladder despite having the urge to do so.  This can lead to infections or damage to the urinary organs.

Urine Flow Decreased – Dehydration of the body causing a lesser flow of urine than normal with the body reabsorbing the waste.

Urine Output Decreased – A condition where the output of urine produced in a 24-hour period is less than 500 ml.

Maggs wrote at 2012-11-06 01:49:30
I am 17 and have been diagnosed with UTIs since I was 12. Eventually they began sending my urine samples off for a culture and it was always negative. Finally I was referred to a urologist who ruled out all other issues and eventually began to treat me for interstitial cystitis (IC). I have gotten so much better. It took a year after going to the urologist to get diagnosed because IC can be very difficult to diagnose. We had to push the urologist to look into it. I recommend you talk to a urologist about the possibility of IC

Arthur Goldstein, M.D.

Problems or questions related to the field of urology; ie urinary stone disease, urinary cancers (kidney, bladder, prostate, testis, etc.), urinary infections, etc. I no longer answer questions related to erection problems or male sexual dysfunction.

I am retired from the active practice of urology. My 34 years was totally in the clinical field and involved the entire gamut of genitourinary problems, with special interest in endourology.

American Medical Association, American Urological Association, American College of Surgeons

College degree - BS Medical degree - MD Master of Science - MS