Urology/prostate gland

ray wrote at 2014-03-15 12:47:48
I am a 40yr old male. I suffered from prostatis like symptoms for several weeks. After an ultrasound it was noted that I had a fairly large prostate stone (either caused by prostatitis or occurred as a result of prostatitis). Several months later I had another ultrasound and the stone had shrunk significantly and my symptoms disapeared. I am not sure why the stone decreased in size since my diet and lifestyle didn't change much but i did start taking Magnesium supplements (usually recommended for kidney stones. Not sure if this had a positive any effect or not.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute