You are here:

Urology/Bladder Issues


lisajh wrote at 2013-11-14 07:49:55
There is this stuff in the US called AZO take that when you can't bare it anymore.  But don't over take it. In canada it's a prescription called Pyridium.  You can even buy it on  On the other hand you might want to take some magnesium as it does help to calm the spasms your bladder is going through.  

I am also curious though, can you pinpoint when this started?  A hernia pressing on your bladder is also another option.  I agree that if you have to pay for something, pay the urologist directly.  I am suspected of having IC and I have to wait (it's been 4 months now).  I won't see him until Feb.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Arthur Goldstein, M.D.


Problems or questions related to the field of urology; ie urinary stone disease, urinary cancers (kidney, bladder, prostate, testis, etc.), urinary infections, etc. I no longer answer questions related to erection problems or male sexual dysfunction.


I am retired from the active practice of urology. My 34 years was totally in the clinical field and involved the entire gamut of genitourinary problems, with special interest in endourology.

American Medical Association, American Urological Association, American College of Surgeons

College degree - BS Medical degree - MD Master of Science - MS

©2017 All rights reserved.