Urology/Asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis?

Question
Hello. I had a full health screen in July and the only concern was, they said, a possible mild urinary infection. Then in September I noticed my semen was a dark yellow colour. I had and continue to have no other symptoms. I have seen a urologist who did several tests and put me on a course of antibiotics. That course is over with no noticeable change and my followup appointment isn't until next week.
I'm sure this doc knows his stuff but his bedside manner is...lacking so it's difficult to get straight answers from him. From my little bit of research my problem looks like Asymptomatic inflammatory prostatitis but if the coloured semen is considered a symptom then maybe not.
I also haven't read anything that is worrying but would none the less like to be rid of this. What's likely to be the next step?
Thanks a lot.

Answer
Dale:

Discolored semen does not make a diagnosis of prostatitis.  It could just be some old blood and remember that semen quality, color and consistency changes with diet and medications.  The only other symptom you had was a possible Urinary tract infection which may have prompted some mild bleeding.  I don't believe you have any prostatitis based only on these symptoms.  You may want to get a second opinion. Semen color is meaningless as a diagnostic tool or symptom.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD