Urology/Bacterial prostatitis

Hi Dr

I am 26 years old. About 4 months ago I was in Budapest for my bachelor party. On the last day of the 3 day trip, I visited a massage parlour and unfortunately the masseuse ended performing brief oral sex on me. This was my first ever sexual contact.  I immediately regretted it and the next day I started feeling a discomfort feeling in my penis, slight burning at the penis tip, pain near testicles and perineum, lower back ache developed a couple of weeks later. I also feel more tired than usual.

Concerned, I visited a sexual health clinic 2 days after contact where they prescribed azitromycin for precaution. They asked me to come back after 10 days for urine test to test for std's. Results were negative.

Still feeling pain I visted another std clinic for repeat tests. Blood and urine tests were negative. In fact I've been to 3 seperate clinics and the urine, swab and blood tests have all been negative. I also took a 7 day course of doxycycline 3 weeks after contact with no impact.

I then consulted a urologist (2 months ago). He suspected prostatitis and conducted a urine analysis and culture. He prescribed cipro for 3 weeks, again I didn't feel an impact. During my follow up appointment he said that the urine test showed no bacteria, however some red and white blood cells were noted, which he suggested as inflammation and said I had inflammatory prostatitis/utheritis 

I asked him to perform a prostate massage and conduct another urine test to confirm no bacteria. The results infant showed presence of e-coli. I was devastated by hearing this. He prescribed augmentin for 4 weeks, I'm currently in my 3rd week and don't feel much improvement.

My question is what else can I do to get rid of this infection as this is getting me so down. Also what are the chances of me having an std like mycoplasma, urea plasma, chlamydia in my prostate or other pathogens such as viruses or fungus? As i know the mouth is full of bacteria. Sometime after contact I did get these red blotches on my penis head, which the dr treated as a thrush and prescribed canestan which helped clear the blotches.

I have read websites whereby these pathogens have been found in prostate by urologists in countries like china and philippines where they claim to have better ways to search for these pathogens and treat accordingly.

I'm just concerned that I have a deep rooted std or another pathogen in my prostate, which isn't being picked up. 

My symptoms are not excruciating but are persistent and impact my quality of life. I'm concerned that this will get worse. I can't explain whether this bug came from by bowels or from the woman, considering the incubation period of e-coli is 3 days and my symptoms started within 24 hours.

If you test negative over and over then you never had an infection in the first place and this is why antibiotic treatment serves no purpose. The only other diagnosis is non-bacterial inflammatory prostatitis. The treatment is anti-inflammatory medication like Celebrex or Mobic as the Cox 2 inhibitors are the best choice to use for a month or so. When inflammation reduces so do the symptoms.  

Thomas A Suppe RDMS CLT

Invervential urologic radiology , urologic laser surgery, cryotherapy of the prostate and kidney, extracorporal shockwave lithotripsy, holmium laser lithotripsy, urodynamics (video-non video),male infertility, erectile dysfunction, Peyronies disease, hypogonadism ,kidney stones, prostate cancer detection, BPH, voiding dysfunction, bladder cancer and continent diversions.

For the past 20 years performing intervential and diagnostic uro-radiology for a multitude of urologic surgeons from New York, New Jersey, Lousianna and Texas. Founder of DMS medical LLC introducing the Texas Medical Center to the first high power Green Light laser for the treatment of BPH just after its release by the FDA from Laserscope and its sucessful trials at the Mayo Clinc.

American Registery of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), American Urologic Assocoation (AUA), American Medical Systems (AMS) Laserscope,Oncura, Allergan and Auxilliam pharmaceuticals.

Comprehention of Urologic Ultrasonography for the Resident Physician (Journal of Urology 2012), Author of the syllabus for the uro-radiology residency course at The Scott Dept of Urology at Baylor College of Medicine Houston Texas (2010 to present). Past Clinical Studies: Principal radiology investigator Allergan Inc for "The treatment of BPH with intra-prostatic injections of Botox" with Larry I Lipshultz MD 2011-2012, principal radiology investigator for Allergan Inc for "The treatment of Peyronies disease by intra-lesional penile injections of Botox" with Mohit Khera MD MBA MPH (2011-2012). Current studies: Principal investigator of "Blood pressure risk factors of intra cavernosal injections of Trimix and PGE1 during Penile Duplex's.

BS from Ramapo College of NJ, Registered diagnostic medical sonographer with the ARDMS, 2 year fellowship of Uro-Radiology and intervential sonography at Baylor College of Medicine Houston TX, laser safty officer in state of Texas and certified in KTP, Holmium and Lithium Tri-boride laser systems from Laserscope San Jose, California and American Medical Systems Minnatonka Minnasota, trained and certified by Oncura Inc Isreal in ultrasound guided argon cryotherapy of the prostate and kidney.

Honorary instructor of GU ultrasound course 2012 international meeting of the American Urologic Association. Author of the the AUA course for "Ultrasonography of the Testes and Scrotum" 2012.

Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) Lousianna State University (LSU), LSU Medical Center Shreeveport LA, The Methodist Hospital Houston Texas, St Lukes Episcopal Hospital Houston Texas, Memorial Herman Health Systems Houston Texas, Palestine RMC Texas, Doctors Regional Hospital Corpus Christi Texas, Valverde Regional Medical Center DelRio Texas, Current instructor/technologist for two internationally recognized urologists : Larry I Lipshultz MD and Mohit Khera MD, MBA, MPH at Baylor College of Medicine. I served as intervential sonography consultant for Oncura Inc cryotherapy systems. Former lead trainer for Urosource mobile medical services , training new surgeons in PVP or photo-selective vaporization of the prostate for BPH, BNCs and urethral stricture vaporization.