Urology/Blood coming from urithra

Question
QUESTION: Hi last night I was getting aroused and I had to use the bathroom I felt like a sting or burn maybe not sure but at the time there was no blood I got done using the bathroom and had intercourse with my wife went to bed woke up the next morning and there was blood all over the head of my penis. I thought maybe it was like a urine infection or bladder but I realized that it's not really in my urine it's like in the shaft of my penis again when I go pee it comes out first bright red then the pee and some coagulated blood. Also blood comes out when I'm not peeing. Please let me know what could be going on

ANSWER: Jesse,
I would not rule out this coming from the urinary tract just because you woke up with blood but emptied your bladder before bed. 1st question is are you a smoker or have you been in the past 12 years ? 2nd , have you had symptoms of pain in the spece between the the anus and testes? 3rd, do you have a history or family history of kidney stones?

After answering these questions I may be able to narrow down a possible differential diagnosis. Now for a definitive diagnosis a cystoscopy, urine analysis, and kidney ultrasound are warranted at this point to rule out a bladder tumor, kidney stone or prostatitis/UTI infection. Kidney cancer can be a diagnosis but is not nearly as common as the others. Remember guessing is not science and in modern western medicine we test test test to narrow down probable causes.

QUESTION: No pain pain when urinating a little sting near the head no history of what I know of kidney stones now it's not as bad as it was when I woke up no blood discharge just a little clot comes out when I pee no pain anywhere

Answer
Jesse,
My recommendation is the same , you do not have to have pain for any of the conditions I described. You will likely have pain if you ignore this red flag and do not go to a urologist.. The only thing worse than those conditions is those conditions in an advanced stage that could have been avoided with an early diagnosis.

Urology

Thomas A Suppe RDMS CLT