Urology/Jelqing numbness

Hi doctor,i been having numbness in my penis head and shaft for about 1 month and a half now.Prior to the numbness i jelqed for about 2 months.did i destroy and sever the nerve endings or will the nerve trauma be able to heal?have you ever had any cases like this and can you can you let me know if any people have success with healing.i also used an back massager with a weak vibration on one occasion. could that cause numbness and nerve damage?also when i orgasm my feet get itchy and also after i go to the washroom it feels like there's urine that leaks for a couple minutes. i would really appreciate a reply

You probably damaged some of the nerves and now you are noticing the effects.  This is the reason we strongly recommend against jelking; because it can cause damage such as you are describing and it doesn't work!

There is no medical evidence that a back massager can cause numbness or nerve damage when used correctly.

In most similar cases, nerve sensation slowly recovered but it can take months and there is no guarantee.  For now, stop doing the jelking and take some extra vitamin B-6 which sometimes helps with nerve function.  

I can't explain why your orgasm feels odd or the leakage.  You may need to see a local urologist for those problems.  

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute