Urology/@about medicine

QUESTION: Hi,I want to know that is there any treatment available that totally cure from one who has lost his sexual power?I mean erectile dysfunction or premature ejaculation?

ANSWER: Nuhash,
The answer is no there is no one drug that can totally cure ED or PE. There are drugs that help the conditions. For ED there is oral medication such as sildenafil  50mg 100mg, tadalafil 1-10-20mg and vardenafil 10-20mg, and injectables such as alprostadil (PGE1), phenetolamine, and papverine known as trimix. There are name brand drugs such as Caverject and EDEX 10-20-40 mcg for injection also which both are alprostadil (PGE1). As far as PE is concerned we prescribe a drug called tramadol 50 mg. You will need a doctor to prescribe these drugs.

The drugs name you mentioned are all Viagra? I heard Viagra reduces sex power day by day though gives a temporary strength.I mean has a side effect. And I want to know are there any types of drugs or treatment after taking that it can give a long time cure. I mean suppose after take a medicine which will keep me sexually strong for 1 month or 6 or even for 1 year?

if you read a little more closely you can see I listed a plethora of different drugs for ED only Sildenafil is Viagra and you were mis informed on its mechanism it does not reduce sex power. Any oral medication such as those listed above will eventually have tolerances and stop their peak performance but that takes years of use like 3-5 years depending on your specific type of ED and its severity weather vascular, neurologic or psychogenic. There is no such a thing as a long term fix in any ED medication. The only long term fix is a intra-penile prosthesis. The oral meds should be utilized first and then injectable's and after that a penile prosthesis.  

Thomas A Suppe RDMS CLT

Invervential urologic radiology , urologic laser surgery, cryotherapy of the prostate and kidney, extracorporal shockwave lithotripsy, holmium laser lithotripsy, urodynamics (video-non video),male infertility, erectile dysfunction, Peyronies disease, hypogonadism ,kidney stones, prostate cancer detection, BPH, voiding dysfunction, bladder cancer and continent diversions.

For the past 20 years performing intervential and diagnostic uro-radiology for a multitude of urologic surgeons from New York, New Jersey, Lousianna and Texas. Founder of DMS medical LLC introducing the Texas Medical Center to the first high power Green Light laser for the treatment of BPH just after its release by the FDA from Laserscope and its sucessful trials at the Mayo Clinc.

American Registery of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), American Urologic Assocoation (AUA), American Medical Systems (AMS) Laserscope,Oncura, Allergan and Auxilliam pharmaceuticals.

Comprehention of Urologic Ultrasonography for the Resident Physician (Journal of Urology 2012), Author of the syllabus for the uro-radiology residency course at The Scott Dept of Urology at Baylor College of Medicine Houston Texas (2010 to present). Past Clinical Studies: Principal radiology investigator Allergan Inc for "The treatment of BPH with intra-prostatic injections of Botox" with Larry I Lipshultz MD 2011-2012, principal radiology investigator for Allergan Inc for "The treatment of Peyronies disease by intra-lesional penile injections of Botox" with Mohit Khera MD MBA MPH (2011-2012). Current studies: Principal investigator of "Blood pressure risk factors of intra cavernosal injections of Trimix and PGE1 during Penile Duplex's.

BS from Ramapo College of NJ, Registered diagnostic medical sonographer with the ARDMS, 2 year fellowship of Uro-Radiology and intervential sonography at Baylor College of Medicine Houston TX, laser safty officer in state of Texas and certified in KTP, Holmium and Lithium Tri-boride laser systems from Laserscope San Jose, California and American Medical Systems Minnatonka Minnasota, trained and certified by Oncura Inc Isreal in ultrasound guided argon cryotherapy of the prostate and kidney.

Honorary instructor of GU ultrasound course 2012 international meeting of the American Urologic Association. Author of the the AUA course for "Ultrasonography of the Testes and Scrotum" 2012.

Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) Lousianna State University (LSU), LSU Medical Center Shreeveport LA, The Methodist Hospital Houston Texas, St Lukes Episcopal Hospital Houston Texas, Memorial Herman Health Systems Houston Texas, Palestine RMC Texas, Doctors Regional Hospital Corpus Christi Texas, Valverde Regional Medical Center DelRio Texas, Current instructor/technologist for two internationally recognized urologists : Larry I Lipshultz MD and Mohit Khera MD, MBA, MPH at Baylor College of Medicine. I served as intervential sonography consultant for Oncura Inc cryotherapy systems. Former lead trainer for Urosource mobile medical services , training new surgeons in PVP or photo-selective vaporization of the prostate for BPH, BNCs and urethral stricture vaporization.