You are here:

Urology/Testical problem


hi, my name is Joe, im 21 years old and for the past week i have been having some discomfort in my right testicle there is absolutely no pain, its just discomfort. its located near the top of the testicle (epididymis) it discomfort feels like a combination of inflammation, something is clogged, and a feeling of something is out of place. i have looked online for answers but i cant seem to find anything. both testicles are the same size they were before i started having this discomfort and i cant find any lumps or anything. any answers you can give me would greatly be appreciated


You could have an infection such as epididymitis or an epididymal cyst such as a spermatocele.  WHiel there are other possibilities, these are the most liikely.  You'll need to contact your physician or consult a urologist to find out for sure.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.