Urology/urine with semen...

Question
I've been having semen in my urine since a few years ago. Not too often and not a lot, but now that I am getting older (53yo) I am concerned about it.
Sometimes I have a hard time to have an ejaculation, either during sex or just masturbating then during the day I usually when urinating right when almost finishing I see semen coming out...and this is not a good feeling like usually is related to semen.
I just red that is a cancer symptom.
Can you tell is this really a cancer clue?

Answer
John:

The fluid you see may or may not be semen.  If could just be prostatic secretions.

Trouble with ejaculation could be due to prostatitis or medication side effects.

Either way, what you read is incorrect; this is not considered a symptom of cancer.

You should talk to your physician or consult a urologist if this continues to bother you.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD