Urology/Use on Tamsulosin for enlarged postrate

I am a heart paitient.I have HCM ASH. I use betablocker for hypertension and also amtus and coversyl. Can i use Tamsulosin for treatment of enlarged prostrate gland. Literature sayid never use that Tamsulosin for HT.

First you'll need to define what you mean by HCM and ASH.  Tamsulosin is not used for hypertension, just for prostate enlargement.  Other alpha blockers like doxazosin and terazosin can help with both problems but may have more side effects.  Talk to your physician about which drugs are best for you.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute