Urology/air and substance in urine

Question
Over the last couple of weeks I have had a change in my urine. Sometimes there is a little air, always there is a brownish/tan mucous like substance. I also have been having difficulty emptying my bladder completely and frequent urges to go.

Answer
Rick:

There should not be any air in the urine.  This problem, called pneumaturia, sometimes indicates a fistula or abnormal connection between the bladder and the large intestine.  It could also just be a bad infection, but the fistula needs to be checked out.  Contact your physician about this.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD