Urology/clear penile discharge after urination.

Question
QUESTION: Dear doctor,
I am 27 years old male. I am observing a clear transparent odorless discharge after urination for last one month. I never had sexual intercourse in my life. So there is no chance for any kind of STDs.
I have consulted a urologist. Urin analysis and culture were done and was normal. The doctor told me that the discharge may be the residual semen from prvious ejaculation and is usual. He prescribed me Ciprobay 500 (20 tabs for ao days) and permixon 80 for one month 4 per day. the antibiotic course ends today and still the discharge is persisting.
 Is this something really need to worry? Any more investigation are needed? Is this affects the sexual life?
 Please advice and many thanks in advance

ANSWER: MRQ:

The most likely alternative causes would be prostatitis and prostate secretions, low grade infection from some unusual organism, and peri-urehtral gland secretions.  If the cultures are negative, then we usually don't worry too much about it.  Sexual function is not likely to be affected.

QUESTION: Thank you very much for your prompt response, doctor.
I have one related question that should i need to consult the doctor again for this or can I ignore this until any other symptoms develop?

Thanks in advance.

ANSWER: MRQ:

Since the problem for which you originally saw the physician is persisting, it's only reasonable to contact his office for advice on when the next followup should be.

QUESTION: Dear doctor,
 Yesterday I again visited the urologist. He had done a prostate massage and had give urine for analysis. It will take 3 days to get the result.
He told me that i have prostatitis. He asked me to continue ciprobay 500.
The prostate massage was bit painful. Is there any complication with this procedure? Also, is prostatitis curable and how it will affect my life?
 please advice doctor. Many thanks in advance.

Answer
MRQ:

Prostatic massage is somewhat controversial.  It may be necessary to optimize collection of specimens for testing, but it is often uncomfortable and in some cases can lead to an exacerbation of the infection.

Prostatitis is curable, but many cases are difficult to treat and cure requiring months of therapy.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD