Urology/clear penile discharge after urination.

QUESTION: Dear doctor,
I am 27 years old male. I am observing a clear transparent odorless discharge after urination for last one month. I never had sexual intercourse in my life. So there is no chance for any kind of STDs.
I have consulted a urologist. Urin analysis and culture were done and was normal. The doctor told me that the discharge may be the residual semen from prvious ejaculation and is usual. He prescribed me Ciprobay 500 (20 tabs for ao days) and permixon 80 for one month 4 per day. the antibiotic course ends today and still the discharge is persisting.
 Is this something really need to worry? Any more investigation are needed? Is this affects the sexual life?
 Please advice and many thanks in advance

The most likely alternative causes would be prostatitis and prostate secretions, low grade infection from some unusual organism, and peri-urehtral gland secretions.  If the cultures are negative, then we usually don't worry too much about it.  Sexual function is not likely to be affected.

QUESTION: Thank you very much for your prompt response, doctor.
I have one related question that should i need to consult the doctor again for this or can I ignore this until any other symptoms develop?

Thanks in advance.

Since the problem for which you originally saw the physician is persisting, it's only reasonable to contact his office for advice on when the next followup should be.

QUESTION: Dear doctor,
 Yesterday I again visited the urologist. He had done a prostate massage and had give urine for analysis. It will take 3 days to get the result.
He told me that i have prostatitis. He asked me to continue ciprobay 500.
The prostate massage was bit painful. Is there any complication with this procedure? Also, is prostatitis curable and how it will affect my life?
 please advice doctor. Many thanks in advance.

Prostatic massage is somewhat controversial.  It may be necessary to optimize collection of specimens for testing, but it is often uncomfortable and in some cases can lead to an exacerbation of the infection.

Prostatitis is curable, but many cases are difficult to treat and cure requiring months of therapy.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute