You are here:

Urology/Fractured Penis


I realize now after 8 yrs that I suffered from a fracture during sexual intercourse.There was a pop,pain,and swelling that followed.I undoubtedly know now how severe this was.I have slight curvature and unable to maintain an erection.I want to know if there's any hope to correct this problem through surgery or medication?What are my options?


Your options are the same as anyone else's.  Start with an appointment with a urologist.  A trial of medication like Viagra is reasonable.  If this is not successful, we still have other treatments like external vacuum pumps, MUSE and intracorporal injections.  If all else fails, a surgical implant can be done.  Those are your options.  Now talk to your local physician or consult a urologist to get the process started.


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.

[an error occurred while processing this directive]