Urology/Lump on penis

Question
Penis lump
Penis lump  

Penis lump2
Penis lump2  
Hi doc,

I've had the following lump on the base of my penis for some months now, maybe even over a year. It was a lot smaller, hardly noticeable so I didn't worry about this too much, but it has gotten larger over the past weeks and it causing me some concern now. It doesn't hurt and there's no discharge but is esthetically not exactly pleasing to the eye. It's right below the skin and I can move it around. I've been searching the internet like crazy and believe it could be some sort of cyst. I don't believe it's a STD but my wife, who noticed this recently as well, is asking what's going on and refuses to have sex with me now over two days already. You'll understand I can't handle this much longer. I'm 47 years old, if that's relevant already.

Can you please tell me if this will disappear by itself or whether I should consult my physician?

Answer
AJ:

You've had the problem for some months and it seems to be getting worse.  I think it is unlikely at the point it will disappear at this point.  A sebaceous cyst is likely.  If so, a small surgery can fix it but I can't be absolutely sure of the diagnosis from here.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD