Urology/Pain in my 7y/o

Question
Hi, my son has recently with in the the last week been complaining of pain in the tip of his penis. We have looked at it several times and it does not  look red or inflamed. At times, he cries and states that it hurts severely. He does not complain of burning or pain with urinating. We don't have insurance at this time and I am not sure if I should just take him to the ED if this is  serious.

Answer
Teresa:

Pain at the tip of the penis could be an infection or scarring.  It may also be prostatitis which can often cause pain at the tip of the penis.  I don't think he needs to go to he ER but that's up to him.  He should contact his regular physician or consult a local urologist.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD