Urology/PDE5 inhibitors

Hi Dr. - I have been on Ceilas for past ten 8-10 years, but recently discovered that Ceilas is not responding to quality erection. Past few weeks, I have been taking Ceilas + Levitra (10mg) and it is providing a good results. I was wondering if this is safe to do? or there is any risk?

I assume you mean Cialis, not Ceilas.  It is not wise or safe to mix thess drugs together.  You multiply the side effects and potential complications.  Even more significant, there are not studies looking at the combination so we don't know if it's safe.  You could develop a cardiac rhythym problem!  Since we don't know for sure it's safe, it's better to avoid the combination.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute