Hello, I am 24 years old.

about 2 weeks I was masturbating with a tighter grip than normal. It began to feel quite uncomfortable so I stopped. Felt fine within a few days.

But I noticed immediately that day that I had bulged my penis a bit! There was a "ring" (and another fainter one under it) around my penis circumference midshaft. It is most prominent on the sides, and not moveable with the skin. It is only noticeable after a strong erection, (usually not during), when the erecticle tissue is inflated but softening. Also I have noticed, if I ice the "ring" it shrinks down to being almost invisible.

There is no pain, and no change in my erect state. Erections feel stronger if anything... I feel like I may be imagining my penis "emptying" differently, but I have pretty strong reason to suspect that this is me just paying extra close attention. My erections are full, strong and as straight as they are normally.

Here is a picture.

Anyways, my questions are... does peyriones look like this? Does it present instantly, and as a visible bulge like this? Would I be experiencing pain? or curvature?

This seems like some sort of change in the tunica... are these sorts of changes always peyriones? I have noticed a few ridgey areas in my tunica since I was a child... is this normal?

Peyronie's may look something like this, but I really can't tell from the picture.  You'll need to check with a local urologist.  Peyronie's does not usually present instantly but it's like a lump that was there before but no noticed until one particular day or event.  It may present with a narrowing or bulge and may or may not immedicately have a curvature.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute