Urology/Poast-varicocelectomy Question

Question
Hello Dr. Suppe:
I had left-side varicocelectomy about three months ago. Immediately after the surgery, I noticed a numbing sensation on the area where the incision was done and also on my left groin area. My doctor said that it was "because of the surgery" and said that the numbing sensation would eventually away. It's been three months already and it still feels as numb as the first day. What are the potential causes of this numbness? Can anything be done? Will it go away by itself eventually? Please advice.

Answer
Buddy,
What you are experiencing is neuropathy from a nerve being severed which is a potential complication even with the most proficient surgeon. There is no significance that effects a quality of life when we have this complication. It is unfortunate but the blessing is nerves have an amazing capability to regenerate and allow for sensation in the future. If you want to speed the process up I recommend Vitamin E 400iu 2X a day and L-argenine 500mg 2 X a day and if possible ask your doc for a sample or two of daily Cialis 5 mg packs. No not for ED but to increase blood flow to the nervous system to speed up healing. There is also a topical GHRH analog called Trans-D Tropin that will increase your pituitary gland to secrete more  growth hormone and accelerate your healing. GHRH analogs are growth hormone releasing hormones unlike HGH (human growth hormone) this is not a synthetic version of HGH its a bio-identical hormone that tells the brain to increase secretion of our endogenous growth hormone. When we are young we have much higher levels of GH and this is what allows children to heal so rapidly compared to after the age of 30 when GH declines significantly. Now mind you Trans D tropin is not for those on a budget. This product has been used by the stars and wealthy who go to anti-aging clinics and want their body to function like when they were younger. You do not need a prescription for this because it is not a controlled drug. If you were to do nothing at all you will most likely heal a bit slower and still regain sensation eventually. Just an FYI I am not linked to Trans D Tropin or make any financial gain from recommendation, this is only data I have researched in my years of treating post surgical nerve regeneration for prostatectomy erectile rehabilitation.  

Urology

Thomas A Suppe RDMS CLT