Urology/possible ED

Over the last 7-8 months my penis feels and appears to becoming thinner at the base and middle of the shaft. I have found it very hard kegeling to make the penis look engorged while expanding.My biggest concern is that during erections my penis use be thick and feel full in circumfrence.The underside no longer has the look or fullness to it and the top im struggling to expand my glans. I am already taking viagra any idea what this could be?

I can't be sure, but one possibility is Peyronie's dissease.  This is a condition where the normal elastic tissue in the walls of the erection bodies becomes fibrous and it can cause what you've described.  To be sure, check with a local urologist.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute