Urology/prostate enlargement.

My dad who is 51 years of age, was diagnosed with (Grade 1 prostatomegaly, while going through general medical checkup. He has no complications of the same. He usually urinates twice at night.
The report says,
1)Enlarged in size (32cc) with normal echotecture.
2)Measure 3.4*4.4*3.9 cm
3)No focal lesions, no calcification.

Doctor says, it is normal at this age and can be ignored.
1)Please advise me if medication is required, also let me know how we can stop further enlargement.
2)Are there any exercises it make it normal?

According to the report, he has a normal prostate for his age.  There are no exercises that will make it more normal or shrink it.  No medication is required.  When or if he develops any urinary symptoms in the future, medication can be used to help shrink it and improve the flow but it would be premature and unnecessary to use such medications now.

Stephen W. Leslie, MD

Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.

Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute