Urology/prostate enlargement.

Question
My dad who is 51 years of age, was diagnosed with (Grade 1 prostatomegaly, while going through general medical checkup. He has no complications of the same. He usually urinates twice at night.
The report says,
1)Enlarged in size (32cc) with normal echotecture.
2)Measure 3.4*4.4*3.9 cm
3)No focal lesions, no calcification.

Doctor says, it is normal at this age and can be ignored.
1)Please advise me if medication is required, also let me know how we can stop further enlargement.
2)Are there any exercises it make it normal?

Answer
Madhu:

According to the report, he has a normal prostate for his age.  There are no exercises that will make it more normal or shrink it.  No medication is required.  When or if he develops any urinary symptoms in the future, medication can be used to help shrink it and improve the flow but it would be premature and unnecessary to use such medications now.

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD