Urology/readin

Question
i just read this "HEY GUYS - THOUGHT I'D PASS ALONG MY RECENT DOPPLER ULTRASOUND EXPERIENCE FOR ANY OF YOU WHO MIGHT HAVE ONE COMING UP. . .
GOT TO OFFICE RIGHT ON TIME AND WAS QUICKLY TAKEN BACK THE ULTRASOUND ROOM BY NURSE TECHNICIAN AND WAS TOLD TO DROP MY PANTS AND UNDIES, LIE DOWN ON TABLE, AND COVER MY LOWER HALF WITH PAPER SHEET. SHE LEFT AND I DID AS I WAS TOLD. SHE AND DOC CAME BACK IN A FEW MINUTES LATER AND AFTER A FEW PLEASANTRIES DOC PUT SOME GEL ON THE PIECE OF EQUIPMENT (NOT MINE!) AND PROCEEDED WITH THE PRE-ERECTION PART OF THE PROCEDURE - TOOK ABOUT TWO MINUTES. HE THEN MATTER-OF-FACTLY INJECTED JR. WITH SOME MAGIC JUICE - MASSAGED JR. JUST A BIT AND BOTH LEFT THE ROOM. HE SEEMED TO BE GONE FOR AN HOUR - IT WAS PROBABLY MORE LIKE 20 MINUTES - I OCCASIONALLY LOOKED UNDER THE SHEET TO SEE WHAT WAS GOING ON - PRETTY MUCH NUTHIN' - EVEN TRIED TO 'HELP THINGS ALONG' A BIT BUT NUTHIN'. . . DOC AND NURSE CAME BACK IN AND I ASKED WHAT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE GOING ON DOWN THERE - HE SAID I SHOULD HAVE A PARTIAL ERECTION - IT WAS PARTIAL ALL RIGHT! (I WAS BEGINNING TO FIGURE OUT THAT MY FEARS WERE ABOUT TO BE REALIZED) APPARENTLY IT WAS PLUMP ENOUGH FOR HIM TO DO THE ULTRASOUND WHICH BASICALLY CONSISTED OF HIM MOVING THE APPARATUS AROUND ON JR. WHILE NURSE TOOK PICS WHEN HE HIT THE RIGHT SPOT. TOOK ABOUT 15 MINUTES MAX. OUTCOME - SEVERE VENOUS LEAKAGE/PEYRONIE'S DISEASE - FIBROSIS MAINLY AT THE BASE OF THE PENIS - DOC SAID IT''S LIKE A SIEVE - BLOOD COMES IN BUT THE FIBROSIS ALLOWS IT TO GO RIGHT BACK OUT - NO WOOD!  LOOKING AT PUTTING ME IN A CLINICAL TRIAL FOR A DRUG THAT 'DISSOLVES' THE PLAQUE/FIBROSIS AFTER BEING INJECTED INTO IT. SO FOR NOW I WAIT AND HE WROTE ME A PRESCRIPTION FOR STRONGER TRIMIX - THAT'LL HAVE TO DO FOR NOW. IMPLANT IS DEFINITELY CALLED FOR IF OTHER THINGS DON'T WORK OUT. HOPE THIS HELPS SOME OF YOU GUYS OUT THERE."

when i took a penile doppler i barley got an erection , even though the bloodflow was good, also they measured my penis once after the injection, not every 2 minutes like there supposed to. this means i have venous leak right???????

Answer
Joe:

I'm not going to make a diagnosis based on the limited information presented.  I cannot determine if you have venous leak or not from what you've described.  You'll need to ask your physician.  There are variations in how often to check the readings and just because the timing is not identical to what you are reading about does not mean the testing was improperly done or is not valid.  

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD