You are here:



I have a blood clot type structure in my right testical's sperm cord. It's blocking amounts of semen. It's built up over the past few years and my right testical is the size of a walnut and the sperm cord is the size of a baseball. I have looked up what this could be and have found nothing.(As I'm praying it's not cancer.)   I am 15years old.


First, whatever it is, it's probably not an actual blood clot.  A blood clot cannot block the "sperm cord".  However, I'm concerned that it could be an infection.  There is also the small chance that it could be a cancer given that it's been present so long.  So stop procrastinating and talk to your physician about it.  A scrotal ultrasound is commonly done to get a better idea of the nature of an enlarged testicle.  But don't wait!  Make that appointment ASAP as soon as you read this!


All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Stephen W. Leslie, MD


Questions concerning erectile dysfunction, kidney stones and prostate disorders including prostate cancer. I have a special interest in kidney stone disease prevention.


Full time practicing urologist with 30 years experience. Associate Professor of Surgery and Chief of Urology at Creighton University Medical Center. Editor in Chief of eMedicine Urology internet textbook. Author of only NIH approved book written for patients by a urologist on the subject of kidney stones "The Kidney Stones Handbook". Inventor of the "Parachute" and "Escape" kidney stone baskets and the "Calculus" stone prevention analysis computer program.

American Urological Association, Ohio State Medical Association, Sexual Medicine Society

Men's Health, Journal of Urology, Urology, Healthwatch Magazine, Emergency Medicine Monthly, eMedicine, "The Kidney Stones Handbook", and numerous articles in various newspapers. He is also the editor of the Urology Board Review by McGraw-Hill used by urologists to study for their Board Certification Examinations.

Graduate of New York Medical College with residencies completed at Metropolitan Hospital New York, Albany Medical Center and University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Awards and Honors
Thirlby Award of the American Urological Association. Rated as one the country's Best Urologists by the Independent Consumer's Research Institute

©2017 All rights reserved.