Urology/Testicals

Question
I have a blood clot type structure in my right testical's sperm cord. It's blocking amounts of semen. It's built up over the past few years and my right testical is the size of a walnut and the sperm cord is the size of a baseball. I have looked up what this could be and have found nothing.(As I'm praying it's not cancer.)   I am 15years old.

Answer
John:

First, whatever it is, it's probably not an actual blood clot.  A blood clot cannot block the "sperm cord".  However, I'm concerned that it could be an infection.  There is also the small chance that it could be a cancer given that it's been present so long.  So stop procrastinating and talk to your physician about it.  A scrotal ultrasound is commonly done to get a better idea of the nature of an enlarged testicle.  But don't wait!  Make that appointment ASAP as soon as you read this!

Urology

Stephen W. Leslie, MD