Urology/Urinary discomfort

Hi, I am a 27yo female, i have 2 children ages 7 and 7 weeks. After the birth of my 7yo i had an iud placed, it was taken out and a year later i was pregnant. During that year i started having a lot of discomfort urinating, sometimes it is so bad i wouldn't want to leave my house. It is a burning sensation about 10 minutes before, during and a hour after urination. I had been seen by my primary who gave me antibiotics for UTI's. After a while, all i would have to do is call in and they would prescribe me them w/out even testing. At my ob/gyn i told her of the problem, she said she didn't think a lot of the times i even had a UTI, because my records showed no positive urine samples. She sent me to a urologist. I had a cystoscopy, for a concern of interstitial cystitis, but everything looked good. He gave me Sanctura and said it was over active bladder. I took the pills for about 2 months and stayed in pain the whole time, with the same symptoms. Then i got pregnant, and the symptoms completely disappeared. 7 weeks postpartum now, this sensation is happening again. A very strong, almost disabling pain around urination. Is there anything hormone related that could be causing this? Now thinking about it, during the time i had my iud and when i was pregnant i did not have these symptoms.

IC or intracystial cystitis can not be ruled completely because of a clear cycto. There are patients that the bladder lining that appears fine and have been confirmed with IC based on a potassium sensitivity test. I find the progesterone theary very interesting but I want to ask the master Dr Christopher P Smith and get back with you with a better answer. Sanctura is a very weak anticholenergic and I recommend Eneblex (darifenasin) 15 mg before deciding that an anticholenergic is ineffective. There can be more severe side effects such as dry mouth and constipation but that is a minor trade off.  

Thomas A Suppe RDMS CLT

Invervential urologic radiology , urologic laser surgery, cryotherapy of the prostate and kidney, extracorporal shockwave lithotripsy, holmium laser lithotripsy, urodynamics (video-non video),male infertility, erectile dysfunction, Peyronies disease, hypogonadism ,kidney stones, prostate cancer detection, BPH, voiding dysfunction, bladder cancer and continent diversions.

For the past 20 years performing intervential and diagnostic uro-radiology for a multitude of urologic surgeons from New York, New Jersey, Lousianna and Texas. Founder of DMS medical LLC introducing the Texas Medical Center to the first high power Green Light laser for the treatment of BPH just after its release by the FDA from Laserscope and its sucessful trials at the Mayo Clinc.

American Registery of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS), American Urologic Assocoation (AUA), American Medical Systems (AMS) Laserscope,Oncura, Allergan and Auxilliam pharmaceuticals.

Comprehention of Urologic Ultrasonography for the Resident Physician (Journal of Urology 2012), Author of the syllabus for the uro-radiology residency course at The Scott Dept of Urology at Baylor College of Medicine Houston Texas (2010 to present). Past Clinical Studies: Principal radiology investigator Allergan Inc for "The treatment of BPH with intra-prostatic injections of Botox" with Larry I Lipshultz MD 2011-2012, principal radiology investigator for Allergan Inc for "The treatment of Peyronies disease by intra-lesional penile injections of Botox" with Mohit Khera MD MBA MPH (2011-2012). Current studies: Principal investigator of "Blood pressure risk factors of intra cavernosal injections of Trimix and PGE1 during Penile Duplex's.

BS from Ramapo College of NJ, Registered diagnostic medical sonographer with the ARDMS, 2 year fellowship of Uro-Radiology and intervential sonography at Baylor College of Medicine Houston TX, laser safty officer in state of Texas and certified in KTP, Holmium and Lithium Tri-boride laser systems from Laserscope San Jose, California and American Medical Systems Minnatonka Minnasota, trained and certified by Oncura Inc Isreal in ultrasound guided argon cryotherapy of the prostate and kidney.

Honorary instructor of GU ultrasound course 2012 international meeting of the American Urologic Association. Author of the the AUA course for "Ultrasonography of the Testes and Scrotum" 2012.

Baylor College of Medicine (BCM) Lousianna State University (LSU), LSU Medical Center Shreeveport LA, The Methodist Hospital Houston Texas, St Lukes Episcopal Hospital Houston Texas, Memorial Herman Health Systems Houston Texas, Palestine RMC Texas, Doctors Regional Hospital Corpus Christi Texas, Valverde Regional Medical Center DelRio Texas, Current instructor/technologist for two internationally recognized urologists : Larry I Lipshultz MD and Mohit Khera MD, MBA, MPH at Baylor College of Medicine. I served as intervential sonography consultant for Oncura Inc cryotherapy systems. Former lead trainer for Urosource mobile medical services , training new surgeons in PVP or photo-selective vaporization of the prostate for BPH, BNCs and urethral stricture vaporization.